AIS Professional Learning Courses
The AIS Professional Learning team supports school communities and school staff in a variety of ways to meet their professional learning needs. In this site you will find detailed information relating to the following areas:
- AIS Professional Learning Courses – each year over 200 PL courses devised by the team of AIS consultants and school-based convenors are available. These include conferences, one and two-day courses, ongoing programs of study and after school sessions.
- Customised Professional Learning - most of the courses in the calendar can be delivered as school based consultancies tailored to meet a schools individual requirements. AIS consultants are also available to assist schools to explore possibilities for their PL program and devise needs-specific professional learning activities.
- Resources – a collection of resources is constantly being developed by a team of educators who select the highest quality and most relevant websites, presentations, media files and documents for you to view or download from this site.
QUALITY TEACHING COUNCIL (QTC) REGISTERED PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (PD)
The Association of Independent Schools of NSW is endorsed to provide QTC Registered Professional Development for teachers accredited at Proficient, Highly Accomplished and Lead Teacher in NSW.
|||Completing the courses in this professional learning calendar will contribute the indicated hours and minutes of QTC Registered PD addressing the listed standard descriptors from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient, Highly Accomplished or Lead Teacher Accreditation in NSW.|
PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENTS FOR AIS COURSES
In order to be eligible to receive the QTC Registered PD hours and have these recorded with BOSTES, and to receive an AIS certificate of participation, all components of an AIS professional learning course, conference or online activity need to be completed. This includes:
- Attendance for the entire duration of the activity/event, including signing on each day where applicable and recording your individual BOSTES number
- Appropriate participation including engaging fully with face to face or online activities.
- In online modules, appropriate participation includes providing meaningful and substantial contributions to group discussions, writing detailed reflections and providing feedback to other participants as required.
- Completion of pre, post and online tasks where applicable
Not fully meeting the participation requirements may result in professional learning hours not being registered with BOSTES and/or the participation certificate not be awarded.
For further information about Professional Learning services please contact the Director: Professional Learning - Darryl Buchanan on 02 9299 2845 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For KLA and specific information on other speciality areas please click on the relevant tabs to the left.