How does it work?
Schools commit to a year-long partnership with AISNSW, beginning in Term One of each school year.
As part of the partnership, schools will:
- participate in a one-day introductory event
- receive regular, ongoing, tailored support from AISNSW primary consultants
- be supported in the implementation of the new K-6 Science and Technology Syllabus for the Australian Curriculum
- have opportunity to present findings from their involvement in the initiative at an AISNSW event
- participate in an impact evaluation of the initiative.
Research to Practice reflects a co-contribution model whereby schools contribute $4000 per year and commit to releasing teachers as appropriate for their active participation in the initiative. In return AISNSW provides consultancy support and access to quality resources and professional learning.