The Australian Government Quality Teacher Program (AGQTP) was funded by the Australian Government's Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations.
The Program's three objectives were to:
- equip teachers with the skills and knowledge needed for teaching in the 21st century
- provide national leadership in the high priority areas of teachers' professional learning
- improve the professional standing of school teachers and leaders.
The three key areas for AGQTP activities were:
- the Australian Curriculum
- National Professional Standards for Teachers
- Student wellbeing (including dealing with bullying).
Although the Program ceased at the end of 2013, many of its project artefacts are still useful for schools. For details of these artefacts, click on the projects on the left.