How does it work?
Schools commit to a 12-18 month partnership with AISNSW, beginning at the commencement of a school term.
As part of the partnership, schools will nominate a team of teachers who, together with the ongoing, tailored support of AISNSW consultants, will:
- be introduced to the Spiral of Inquiry framework and its key phases of implementation
- use the initial phases of the framework to confirm and sharpen the area of focus specific to the school’s needs
- design and implement professional learning to support the school in exploring and implementing the latest research in curriculum and pedagogy in the area of focus
- evaluate the impact of this professional learning upon student learning outcomes
- have the opportunity to present findings from their involvement in the initiative at an AISNSW event
Research to Practice reflects a co-contribution model whereby schools contribute $8000 for the length of the project and commit to releasing their team of teachers as appropriate for their active participation. In return, AISNSW provides ongoing consultancy support and access to quality research, resources and professional learning.