How it works
AISNSW consultants will walk alongside you over an extended period, using a collaborative action model, to help your school navigate and strengthen foundational elements of whole-school wellbeing based on your school’s contextual needs.
The initiative includes:
- a customised consultancy model, where AISNSW specialist consultants support school-based teams as they:
- review current practices, identify strengths and develop wellbeing goals
- co-design an evidence-based, proactive whole-school approach to wellbeing
- implement context specific initiatives and strategies
- engage in ongoing evaluation and reflection to ensure sustainability
- professional learning (face-to-face and online) targeted at wellbeing leaders and school staff to engage the
school community, including students and families, in whole-school wellbeing approaches
- opportunities to connect with other schools through networked learning communities so that learnings and
best practice can be shared
- internationally respected academics as partners for the initiative and to collaborate with AISNSW
consultants to provide expert input at network meetings
- an annual evaluation will provide objective and timely feedback about the implementation and impact of
the project over time and will create a knowledge base to disseminate the learnings to the wider education
Compass: Navigating Whole-school Wellbeing is an 12-month initiative using a co-contribution model through which schools contribute $8,000 (+GST) and commit to releasing staff throughout the duration of the initiative in addition to a dedicated team to lead the school in transformational change. AISNSW will provide consultancy support and access to a suite of resources, processes and professional learning within the Compass cohort.
*This initiative is partially funded by the Australian Government through the Choice and Affordability Fund.