Compass: Navigating Whole-School Wellbeing
Why get involved?
Compass: Navigating Whole-school Wellbeing is a 12-18 month initiative that will support your school to identify and implement evidence-based, whole-school, proactive wellbeing approaches that foster safe, supportive and respectful environments so that wellbeing outcomes are enhanced for your students now and in the future.
How it works
AISNSW consultants will walk alongside you over an extended period, using a collaborative action model, to help your school navigate and strengthen foundational elements of whole-school wellbeing based on your school’s contextual needs.
The initiative includes:
- a customised consultancy model, where AISNSW specialist consultants support school-based teams as they:
- review current practices, identify strengths and develop wellbeing goals
- co-design an evidence-based, proactive whole-school approach to wellbeing
- implement context specific initiatives and strategies
- engage in ongoing evaluation and reflection to ensure sustainability
- professional learning (face-to-face and online) targeted at wellbeing leaders and school staff to engage the
school community, including students and families, in whole-school wellbeing approaches
- opportunities to connect with other schools through networked learning communities so that learnings and
best practice can be shared
- internationally respected academics as partners for the initiative and to collaborate with AISNSW
consultants to provide expert input at network meetings
- an annual evaluation will provide objective and timely feedback about the implementation and impact of
the project over time and will create a knowledge base to disseminate the learnings to the wider education
Compass: Navigating Whole-school Wellbeing will use a co-contribution model, whereby AISNSW will provide consultancy support to schools and participating schools will provide resources for a dedicated team to lead the school in transformational change.
*This project is partially funded by the Australian Government through the Choice and Affordability Fund.