NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Authorised Provider
The Association of Independent Schools of NSW (AISNSW) is an Authorised Provider of NESA Accredited Professional Development for teachers accredited at Proficient, Highly Accomplished and Lead Teacher in NSW.
NESA currently has Interim Course Accreditation criteria in place from 5 February – 31 July 2021.
During this Interim Course Accreditation Period, some AISNSW professional learning may meet the criteria for NESA Accredited PD and some may be categorised as meeting the criteria for Elective PD. A statement in the course description will indicate if the professional learning is NESA Accredited or can contribute as Elective PD.
Successfully completing many of the learning experiences offered by AISNSW will enable participants to count the indicated hours and minutes addressing the listed Standard Descriptors from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintenance of teacher accreditation as either NESA Accredited or Elective PD.
AISNSW Participation Requirements and Learner Agreement
To be eligible to receive an AISNSW certificate of participation and/or NESA Accredited PD hours, all components of the AISNSW professional learning experience (face-to-face, blended, virtual experience or self-paced learning) need to be completed. This includes:
- Attendance for the entire duration of the professional learning experience, including signing on each day and recording of individual NESA numbers where applicable.
- Full participation including engaging fully with face-to-face or virtual activities.
- In self-paced learning experiences, full participation includes providing meaningful and substantial contributions to group discussions, writing detailed reflections and providing feedback to other participants as required.
- Completion and submission of pre, post and other tasks where applicable.
In addition, all learners who engage in AISNSW professional learning are expected to:
- Respect the professional environment and show respect to other participants
- Ensure all responses to submitted work, contributions to discussions and group tasks are the participants own work.
- Adhere to copyright and/or intellectual property requirements.
Not fully meeting the participation requirements may result in the participation certificate not being awarded and/or professional learning hours for Accredited PD not being registered with NESA.
For further information about AISNSW professional learning services please contact Head of Teaching and Learning, Kelly Borg, Head of Professional Services, Jo McLean or the Course Administrator, Cecilia Waites on 02 9299 2845.