National Quality Standard
As a requirement of the NQF, all approved OSHC services are assessed against the National Quality Standard and given a rating against seven quality areas, plus an overall rating. Ratings are published to provide parents and the community more information about individual services.
The seven areas for assessment are:
- Educational program and practice
- Children's health and safety
- Physical environment
- Staffing arrangements (including the number of staff looking after children)
- Relationships with children
- Collaborative partnerships with families and communities
- Governance and Leadership
Further information about requirements for these areas is available through the ACECQA website.