Continued Kindergarten enrolment increases have occurred across the NSW Independent schools’ sector (ABS Schools Australia 2019).
The Fact Sheet is a new publication from The Evidence Institute. It provides a succinct overview of data, bringing into focus a range of interesting themes. This edition focuses on Kindergarten enrolments, including where enrolment increases have been observed.
Highlights from the Fact Sheet:
- Independent schools are increasingly the first choice for Kindergarten in NSW, being the only school sector to increase Kindergarten enrolments in 2019.
- Kindergarten enrolments increased by 3.6% from 2018 to 2019.
- The majority (78%) of the increase in Kindergarten students were girls.
- Anglican, Islamic and low socio-economic schools had the largest increases in Kindergarten enrolments.
- Areas in NSW with the largest Kindergarten increases were in South-western Sydney, the Central Coast, and the New England region.
More information about Kindergarten enrolments in NSW can be found in the Fact Sheet – Kindergarten Enrolments.
The team at The Evidence Institute undertakes research and shares evidence focusing on a range of areas impacting the education sector. We aim to generate high-quality evidence to transform educational futures for independent school students, staff, and communities. Through a range of initiatives and tailored supports, the team also partners with schools to bridge the research to practice gap, build school-based research capacity, and enhance the evidence-informed nature of the teaching profession. For further information, contact Tiffany Roos, Director: The Evidence Institute.