What we offer
The Evidence Institute undertakes a range of activities to support the work of AISNSW member schools, inform and lead conversations within the broader education community, and connect to the work of other industries.
- Undertake and commission research – independently and through partnerships for mutual benefit and the betterment of education
- Support targeted implementation – through initiatives and publications designed to minimise the research to practice gap
- Enable research in schools – through support for educators undertaking school based research
- Support school and sector insights – through rigorous collection and analysis of data
- Build research skills and communities – through research focused professional learning opportunities, fostering collaboration and networking
Undertake and commission research
The Evidence Institute undertakes and supports a range of research, independently, and through partnerships for mutual benefit, and the betterment of education. Commissioned research is undertaken with independent schools and organisations including universities, government and industry.
The Institute is committed to sharing the highest quality evidence from local, national and international research to help inform practice within the independent sector and beyond. Information is shared in a variety of ways to engage and support a wide range of stakeholders including teachers, school leaders, educational researchers, government and those across intersecting industries.
Strategic themes are identified through consultation with stakeholders and by monitoring the educational horizon. The Institute understands the evolving and diverse needs of the independent sector and seeks to support schools with evidence relevant to their diverse contexts.
Support targeted implementation
Engaging in and with research is an essential component of independent schooling, but research alone does not change practice. Educators recognise that effective implementation of research and evidence based approaches can positively impact student outcomes and help to reduce the research to practice gap. The Evidence Institute supports independent schools in this process through targeted initiatives and activities specifically designed to integrate high quality evidence based practices into authentic educational environments.
Enable research in schools
Grounding education in evidence informed practice is an essential feature of assuring and enhancing educational excellence. Initiatives are informed by a variety of frameworks and research methodologies including Spiral of Inquiry, Action Research and Design Thinking. The Evidence Institute provides opportunities for independent schools to undertake, access and utilise educational research.