Early Career Experience
Early Career Experience is designed to support you as you grow and learn during the initial years of your teaching practice. This professional learning is delivered over two years, during which you will explore fundamental aspects of what it means to be a teacher while building networks and knowledge. You will be supported by AISNSW consultants and educators from a range of independent schools throughout this experience.
In the early stages of the program, input will be sought to create bespoke sessions and ensure the needs of all participating early career teachers are met. Anticipated content includes, but is not limited to:
- exploration of program development and syllabus interpretation
- pedagogical approaches, differentiation and assessment
- behaviour management and supporting students with additional needs
- use of assessment evidence and data
- supporting wellbeing for self, colleagues and students
- practical guidance and advice e.g. timetable preparation, time management, working with parents.
Some components of this experience will meet the criteria for NESA Accredited Professional Development. Further details will be provided after registration.
We highly recommend that a mentor is nominated for each participant of this experience and that each mentor completes our Being an Effective Mentor program.
The AISNSW Early Career Experience is a project of the Growing and Nurturing Educators (GANE) initiative.