Early Career Experience
The Early Career Experience is a two year program designed to support educators as they move through the early years of their practice. This professional learning is delivered over two years, during which you will explore fundamental aspects of what it means to be a teacher while building networks and knowledge. You will be supported by AISNSW consultants and educators from a range of independent schools throughout this experience.
In the early stages of the program, input will be sought to tailor sessions and ensure the needs of all participating early career teachers are met. Anticipated content includes, but is not limited to:
- practical guidance and advice e.g. timetable preparation, time management, working with parents
- exploration of program development and syllabus interpretation
- pedagogical approaches, differentiation and assessment
- behaviour management and supporting students with additional needs
- use of assessment evidence and data
- supporting wellbeing for self, colleagues and students.
The program includes one day connecting per term across the two years.
We highly recommend that a mentor is nominated for each early career educator taking part in this experience and attends our Being an Effective Mentor program.
This program is offered face to face to maximise the key benefits of networking and collaboration. For educators who work in geographically dispersed regions an online option is available upon request. Please contact Anne Gripton for more information.
* The AISNSW Early Career Experience is a project of the Growing and Nurturing Educators initiative.