AISNSW’s Regulation and Accreditation Portfolio assists schools with a range of attendance matters to do with NSW legislative requirements and NESA school registration requirements.
School principals and executive members, leaders and teachers can contact consultants from the AISNSW Regulation Team to access attendance advice, information and support about:
- Legislation around compulsory school age and school leaving age
- Responsibilities of parents and schools
- School registration requirements for:
- the maintenance of the enrolment and attendance register
- monitoring attendance data and intervention strategies to improve unsatisfactory attendance.
- Use of the Minister’s Codes for the attendance register
- Delegations of principals to approve and cancel applications for exemption
- Next educational destination of a student including when the educational destination is unknown
- Regulatory requirements for attendance policy and procedural documentation.
The Regulation Team also regularly provides a professional learning course about attendance, exemption and enrolment requirements, Attendance, exemption and enrolment requirements for schools multiple times through the year. For further information about this course and to register, click here. This course is included as a core service for member schools and available at no additional cost to member school staff.
The Regulation Team can also develop a customised course to meet individual member school’s needs.