The Regulations and Programs team of AISNSW provides information and assistance to schools in relation to school attendance.
Detailed information is available on matters including:
- Legislation around compulsory school age and school leaving age
- Responsibilities of parents
- Responsibilities of schools
- Requirement to use current Attendance Codes
- Delegations of principals to approve specified applications for exemption
- Guidelines and procedures
- Applications for Leave for Travel
- Strategies for Improving Attendance
Schools are also invited to seek assistance from the AISNSW Regulations and Program Team on 9299 2845.